Kids playing sports with VWD

Oh Erin, so ur boys r wrestling fans too? I have 2 step sons that r 12 & 14 yrs old, & Carson is 2. Carson is the biggest fan or ADDICT of them all!!! He has 2 different rings, & a steel cage for the one. He has wrestlers galore, the championship belt, wrestling cards, wrestling masks & hats, etc. It’s CRAZY!!! He knows what ALL the wrestlers say & can tell by their song, which guy is comin out. He was VERY bummed about Edge to. He told me to kiss his Edge wrestler’s neck, cuz he broke it. He thought if I kissed it, he’d b all better. LOL. Um lookin for the WWE microphone to get him…right now he uses his hand as a mic. Casron got all excited when Hulk Hogan was on American Idol the one night. He said,“Hulk Hogan came back to see me!!!” LOL. Yeah I’d DEF b worried bout his head too!!! How scary!!!

All 3 of my boys (2 small and Hubby)LOVE wrestling. Hubby actually is going to be mad at me tonight. We just moved& I can’t find the video tape to record TNA. Oops.

Lol Erin

We have DVR & I have Monday & Friday night wrestling set to record automatically every wk. I LUVVV it!!! Otherwise, I’d forget to record it half the time!!! What’s TNA?

It’s another wrestling show. I have to record Raw, TNA,Smackdown,ECW and Tough Enough. TNA has a bunch of wrestlers from WCW

holy cow!!! I just hafta record Raw & Smackdown. Thankgod!!!

I just ran across this post again and thought I’d drop a few lines. My daughter( the bleeder of my bunch) did just fine at baseball tryouts. She didn’t make the team but VWD-wise made it through with flying colors. She took Stimate everyday of practice and Amicar when she got hit or practicing sliding. Very few light bruises and only one medium-dark bruise to report and that was the 1st day of sliding practice! We actually had more asthma issues than VWD issues. All of the kids do just fine diving. The only one who had any problems was my son with the shunt AND he only got headaches after diving over and over again AFTER 2 hours!!! 2 of the kids do fine with soccer. No major collisions yet but the leg and foot bruises are no darker and last the same as the bruises ‘normal’ kids have. YAY!

Tanya Pollock (son has VWD) said:
Wanted to let yinz all know that have asked me, I just called Carson's Dr & he has type 1 VWD.

That’s great to hear that he’s type 1. Is it mild(hopefully), moderate or severe? And how is his factor 8? One of my kids runs low on factor 8 and really low on VWD factor. She tried out for baseball. She bleeds the worst of my bunch. Starting a week before she started playing we did Stimate EVERY DAY to bring up her levels. I made the decision to see how it went bruise-wise before adding Amicar. She did fine. Any injury( a twist, a whack of a ball, etc) got a dose of Amicar, whether it bruised or not, as a precaution. On days, that they had sliding practice or practice games, she had Amicar too.
I have only 2 words of warning. 1) when he gets to school and has to fill out sports papers- make sure he lists ALL the sports he is interested in playing that school year. Otherwise he will have to get a sports physical for EVERY SPORT!!! We made that mistake this year. And because of it I had to pay for 2 physicals, 1 for ROTC and 1 for baseball. 2) Have your hemotologist due your sports physical because the other doc and the school will want them to sign off on it too. This goes the same for camp physicals.

She took Stimate every day during tryouts

Erin, thanks for sharing the update on your daughter’s baseball tryouts and that all of your kids are doing fine.