hi I have a question I’m really curious about.I have von willebrand disease an my blood don’t clot an runs like water.ive lost a child from this an when it comes to working I cant get hired because at end of every month when I’m on my period for a week I’m in bed two days an can hardly move an I’m sick in pain for about 5 days an I’m 35 an cant get a job because of this prob so I wanna know is what I’m going threw known as a disability.becuase of this disease ive never had ei or income tax cause when I did work due to end of month trouble my jobs didn’t last an I have a huge power bill I’m having hard time trying to pay before my powers cut so I put a go fund me on twitter for help but so not so much help yet so I was wondering how I could get help an if I had a disability

Babygirl, this is an international community and disability definitions and support vary from country to country and jurisdiction to jurisdiction. I see that you are in Nova Scotia. You might want to start by finding as much out as you can here. (click on the blue “here”) You might also want to call your closest provincial Community Services office. (That’s a link as well.)

You should definitely go talk to your doctor about this, and if possible, to your disease specialist. They will know more than any of us here do, about whether you would qualify for disability assistance or not.

Please let us know how you get on with trying to get help.

All the best to you

Seenie from Moderator Support