Dark Circles

I have been noticing dark red circles under my eyes.. and not sure if this is attributed to my VWB Type I. It almost looks like brusing. I've never had this but I have noticed it the last six months.. I eat pretty healthy. So I'm not sure. Has anone else with VWBD experienced this?

Hi KaylaJo,

It's good to hear from you! I'm not the resident expert here, but I googled your question and here is some info for you. I hope this helps, I'm sure other member will respond to you and give you better information.

Wishing you well,

SK

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=could%20dark%20circles%20under%20the%20eyes%20be%20related%20to%20Von%20Willebrands%20disease%3F

It is most likely pressure bruising capillaries burst under pressure and just leave light bruising but sometimes when you don’t stop bleeding the bruising just hangs on forever because you are adding blood as fast as the body is taking it away.EEating Well isn’t always enough you have to avoid all the problem foods. It is amazing how my reactions changed when I gave up garlic onions and rice.

That really is amazing, who would have ever guessed these foods would be problematic!

You don't mention the type of VWD you have; I have Type 2A and do occasionally wake up with reddened areas under my eyes...like broken blood vessels more than bruising. It usually clears up within a week or so. Might be the VWD combined with thinning skin of age. Not sure. I wish you luck with figuring it out. As I'm otherwise healthy, I tend to attribute anything new that involves bleeding to VWD!

Dear KaylaJo,

I have seen a lot of bruising on my skin, but always due to contact and probably due to capillary bleeding just under the skin and not symmetrical like you describe. I would strongly advise you to have a medical professional give you some advice. There are probably many possible explanations that do not involve vWD but a professional opinion would ease your mind and there might be a simple way to ease the symptoms.

John the elder

Really??? why those three items?

Michele Brazelton said:

It is most likely pressure bruising capillaries burst under pressure and just leave light bruising but sometimes when you don't stop bleeding the bruising just hangs on forever because you are adding blood as fast as the body is taking it away.EEating Well isn't always enough you have to avoid all the problem foods. It is amazing how my reactions changed when I gave up garlic onions and rice.

sorry I dont have and answer for you, but i have VWD(wont go into other prblems i have cuz here ant the palce) and i have have circles under my eyes when not on cloting factors (the doctors here have no idea how to treat VWD and we are three million population city). so it probaly is related, just wanted to let u know your not alone because before i found this support group i felt alone.