Hi Everyone! I'm the New Ben's Friends Intern

Hello,

I am currently a sophomore in high school. I learned about Ben’s Friends through my uncle. I can greatly related to Mr. Munoz’s story, and think Ben’s Friends really is a great and useful idea to so many patients, including myself. I am a part of the student internship program for the site right now and I look forward to further work with this amazing community! I saw this as the perfect opportunity to connect with people who are going through hard times, share my perspective, and hopefully help people with similar issues. I live in Irvine, California with my parents and two brothers, one older and one younger, so I am the middle child of the family. In my free time I enjoy playing sports, especially soccer, and going to the beach with my family. I also love to travel and be outdoors!

Ben’s Friends is piloting a new Intern program, something that we’ve never done before, and we’re delighted that Naila has joined this very busy and interesting community. The Internship program is intended to help students who hope to have a future in the medical field gain an understanding of what life is like for patients with rare diseases and conditions, while helping them gain skills in communication and relating to others.

Naila’s job, initially anyway, will be to welcome new members to the community, and to reach out to them if they need some help getting used to how the site works.

Be sure to let us know if you have any comments or questions about our new Internship program, and do give Naila a :wave: wave!

Seenie and Meli from Moderator Support

1 Like