I'm the new kid

I’m new here and not sure how I should start…
I live in beautiful San Diego California last year my leg was broken causing my tibia-fibia plateau to be shattered and I needed a donor bone and screws and plates to fix my bones. Now a year later my cardiologist has found a possible tumor inside my heart and my hematology team has found a Lytic lesion on the same leg that I have broken as well as bone cysts in my femoral and lower legs…with that being said I have been urged to move back to the east coast with my family I need help can anyone give advice I’m on section 8(housing assistance) and they are working with me but the cost of this move is scary I have my thrapy cat not (registered yet) and not much of a support group here…

Vellarian

To all members of the VWD community: @trust_level_0

Greetings from your VWD community!

Things have been a bit quiet around here lately: we miss seeing you online!

Since migrating to our new virtual home, we have some new members such as Vellarian and our brand new young Ben’s Friend Intern, Naila, who will be greeting members.

Why not drop by and give a :wave: wave :wave: to our new members, and maybe let us know how you are getting along. We are operating on a new platform, but we’re sure you’ll get used to it fast enough. If you haven’t visited since the change, you’re still in our system and getting back in is easy enough:

1. Go to livingwithvwd.org (same as before)
  2. Log in with the email that this message came to
  3. Say you forgot your password
  4. Follow the prompts, check your email, do what it says.
  5. And you’ll be back online with us.

Looking forward to seeing you online soon!

Seenie, with Meli and TJ from Moderator Support

Hello Vellarian!

Welcome to this site :slight_smile: I, too, am new here.
I wish I had some really helpful information for you pertaining to what you’re dealing with, but unfortunately, all I can say is I am so sorry that you’ve had to go through so much and all at once!
Sometimes it seems that things do come at us in groupings.
I am glad that you have a therapy cat! They always seem to be wonderful comfort. I hope you will be able to find support where you go and even places like here.

From my own experience, I can say to take each day, one at a time and try not to worry overmuch about things before you know you have to. I can have a tendency to imagine things as being worse than they end up being in reality.

Bless you as you go through this and welcome to this site!

Skyelette

Hi, Vellarian. Welcome. I’m also new. I wish I had housing information help for you, but I don’t. I’m so sorry to hear of your difficulties.