Who are the good doctors? Recommend yours here

If you have found an especially good doctor who is knowledgeable about VWD, please recommend your doctor here. Positive reviews only, please.

Professor Mike Makris, Sheffield Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, England, UK. The best in the UK.

We use Dr. John Puetz. He is at Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital, St. Louis , Missouri. He and his staff are just wonderful!

Dr Wahid T. Hanna

He has been dealing with me and all my family since my dad was in his teens. East Tennessee Comprehensive Hemophilia Clinic

http://www.utmedicalcenter.org/doctor/107/wahid-t-hanna-md/

Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN Coagulation Clinic

Dr Nicole's is my usual but I see many doctors since the word that a type 3 is coming in gets around.

I have been evaluated by the Hospital of University of Pennsylvania Hemophilia Treatment Center; Dr. Patrick Fogarty. He is brilliant. And he is surrounded by a team of excellent clinicians, including a nurse practitioner who understands the disease and is very available. Hope this helps someone!

Many thanks to all of you. :) I hope this list will keep growing.

My hematologist I've had since birth is Dr. Ralph Gruppo at Cincinati Children's Hospital. He is absolutely amazing and the best there is in my opinion. He has recently started transitioning his patients to the other hematologists in the clinic due to his age (I fear he is soon to retire & I will be a wreck when he does!) So, I see Dr. Christina Tarango at Cincinnati Children's & she is alright so far. Only time will tell I suppose. I am 26 years old and still seen at Children's, so once he retires...who knows, may be time for me to move on too! :(

I would also reccomend my brother's Hematologist, Dr. Joesph Palascak at University of Cincinnati Hospital. Although the emergency room there is a nightmare, the doctors seem great!