This Thanksgiving, I'm Thankful For

In America, this Thursday is Thanksgiving. We spend the day thinking about what we are grateful for and also eating a lot of turkey and pie. :)

I thought it would be fun to start a discussion on what we're all thankful for. I'll get it going:

I'm thankful that my wonderful girlfriend, Vanessa, accepted my marriage proposal last weekend. We're all smiles here. :)

I'm also thankful that this community exists and helps so many people. We started Ben's Friends (www.bensfriends.org) 6 years ago and now over 80,000 patients and loved ones visit all 35 sites every month. It's truly a little Internet miracle.

I'm grateful for the community, the friendships and especially thankful that the volunteer moderators donate so much of their time to help others. Thank You Mods!

Ok, that's what I'm thankful for. How about you? Let us know below.

Scott

Thanks for the thoughts, Scott.

I am thankful for an alert, proactive hematologist who diagnosed my unusual condition, acquired vWD, I was 70 when I first developed symptoms. I survived a number of severe internal bleeds and have been good for the past year.

I am thankful for stimate (desmopressin in a spray bottle) that gives me confidence to carry on with life, even though I am near Hemophilia A in coagulant concentrations.

I am thankful for all the good info on the net at Mayo and NIH.

I am thankful for PubMed for making key papers available.

I am thankful to the doctors who don't slam the door in my face when I tell them I have vWD.

I am thankful for the people who are making healthcare available to all.

John the elder

well said John!

I’m thankful that while our Little Girl has VWD Type 3, she really hasn’t had any serious issues yet. She is often black and blue but rarely has to have infusions and we have avoided having to have a port so far. Happy Thanksgiving!!

so glad Mama.